Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Year of establishment-2009 (First shift)
- Year of establishment-2012 (Second shift)
- Intake capacity – 60 per shift
- Approval from
- AICTE Approval No. – No.F.22-2760/2008(DIP ENGG) dt. 29-06-2009
- DTE Approval No. – No.10/AICTE/DIPLOMA/APPROVAL/2009/472 dt.26-08-2009
- Maharashtra Government Approval No. – No.Approval-2009/(304/09)TE-5 dt. 30-06-2009
- Affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai. (MSBTE) – MSBTE / D-53 / AC / 0015 dt. 21-07-2015
The Department of Mechanical Engineering from the day of its inception, has been taking long strides in the field of science and Engineering. One of the oldest and active departments anticipating the rapid developments in technology and software provides the most sophisticated laboratory facilities & excellent infra structure. The department has well qualified dedicated enthusiastic Teaching & technical staff .
The Department is provided with state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops. The Department organizes a number of workshops, seminars, expert lectures, training every year. The students of our department have good communication and Inter personal skills.
STRENGTHS OF DEPARTMENT
- Excellent and Experienced Teaching Faculty.
- Excellent Academic result
- Well equipped laboratories
- Student participation in Extra Curricular activities.
- 100% Placement.
- Regular Industrial Visit.
- Campus interviews.
- Regular classes facility for Failure Students.
- Seminar of Experts from renowned industry.
- Developing design skill by conducting vocational Training Programme for AutoCAD, Pro-e and Refrigerator repairing and maintenance workshop.
- Developing practical skill by industrial Training programme, workshops and industrial Visits.
CAREER PROSPECTUS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering lays emphasis on manufacturing power Plants Automobile and Design Industries. Students after completion of this diploma programme can work in inspection, Quality Control, Maintenance and Production shops and Industrial Engineering Department in industries all government and semi government departments.
Student after passing out may join industries such as Mahindra, FACOR, TAL Manufacturing, CEAT Tyres, Kinetic Gears, BOSCH, L&T, Maruti Udyog, ESSAR etc. The students also have enough scope to start their own enterprise in many sectors like producing service & manufacturing facilities as well.
Moreover students can join public sector too. Students can work as junior engineer at Government of India’s MINI-RATNA and MAHA-RATNA enterprises like BHEL, NTPC, OIC, SAIL, WCL, ONGC, HPCL, ordnance factory, DRDO, ISR
I take the privilege to welcome you all to the Department of Mechanical Engineering at NIT POLYTECHNIC, NAGPUR.
Mechanical Department of NIT POLYTECHNIC has been transforming generation of budding aspirants into accomplished engineers creating a generation of transformational engineers, technocrats, leaders for business and
society in a unique academic setting, which fosters professional excellence and nurtures core values for fulfilling life.
As you embark on a difficult journey and march determinedly towards a golden dawn. We at NIT POLYTECHNIC remain through the journey with you, guide you step by step, moment by moment and witness your metamorphosis from a brilliant yet raw youth into a highly polished professional.
Who has an iron will to conquer and whose aspiration is accompanied by determination, commitment and sincerity to the three “mantras” of success.
As H.O.D. I wish to take the opportunity to assure you that I will try my best to maximize students participation in the department and will keep the admin transparent.