NIT Polytechnic Library
Libraries are the storehouse of knowledge as they maintain the books and other knowledge resources available mostly in the printed form. However, with the advent of Digital Technology and Internet connectivity, the library scenario is changing fast. Digital technology, Internet connectivity and Physical content is dovetailed and resulted in Digital Library.
Since, inception of NIT Polytechnic in 2009, our library is established. It is such a place which slowly but steadily has moved ahead to carve a niche for itself. Today, the library has 9062 documents and 1500 members. In order to facilitate all the readers with selected reading materials of their choice, the access to stacks is opened to its members. Keeping the library on modern techniques, the reading materials has been classified and catalogued on Dewey Decimal Classification and Anglo- American Cataloguing Rules-II.
Online catalog of library books
Total collection of books – 9062
- CDs : 200
- E-Journals : 6
- E-Books : 15
- MSBTE Model Answer Paper : 890
- Web pages : 109
Monday to Saturday 09.30 am to 4.30 pm
Reading Hall/Reference Section
Monday to Saturday – 9.00 am to 8.00 pm
Total Library Area: 385. Sq. Meters
There are three separate Sections, one each for Reference Section,
The library is computerized by using SackInfo 2.5 Software and also independently uses one server with five terminals.
Digital Library: To help the students in accessing the E-Resources and other references available on-line, a Digital Library has been set up in the Library
Students searching data through computer
- OPAC : Online Public Access Catalogue is available for searching.
- Reading Hall Facility: Institution subscribes one national English newspapers along with local newspapers which are kept in the Reading Hall for the use of students.
- Photocopy Service: Photocopying facility for the students is also available in the library on nominal charges.
- News paper Clipping
- Book Bank Service to help needy students.
- Internet Facility –To access the E-resources, Internet facility is provided.
Users Awareness Programmes
The library takes an active part in the orientation programme organized by the Institute for the benefit of new students In the beginning of academic Session Students are shown the whole library and familiarize them with various resources and services available in the library. Training sessions are also organized whenever a new product or service is introduced.
Every user desiring to know more about library resources and services or learn how to use a particular resource like OPAC, e-journals, databases etc., correct information is provided.
Library Activity (2010-16)
1) Library Orientation :
Introduction of library facility and utilization methodology will be explained every year to all new comers
2) Guest Lecture:
a) Topic : “Importance of Library in the Students Life”
Resource-Person: Dr. (Mrs.) Mangala Hirwade Asst. Prof. DLISc, RTMNU Nagpur.
No of Students Present for the activity : 90
b) Topic : “Essential of Learning Resources in Polytechnic”
Resource-Person: Dr. (Mrs.) Shalini Lihitkar Head, DLISc, RTMNU Nagpur.
No of Students Present for the activity : 100
(Dr. (Mrs.) Shalini Lihitkar delivered her lecture for the Staff and students)
c) Topic : “Information Services Based on ICTA”
Resource-Person : Dr. R. M. Deshpande Librarian, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur.
No of Students Present for the activity : 300
(Dr. R.M Deshpande delivered his lecture for the Staff and students)
3) Books Exhibition
Inauguration by Mr. Raghtate (Director of Oxford Academy)
No of Students Present for the activity : 200
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the Library.
- In the Library/ Reading Hall, College I card is compulsory.
- Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited inside the library premises. If found, the membership as well as library facilities can be suspended.
- All the users (faculty members & students) need to become member of the library to avail the facilities.
- Users are requested to issue the books from the library as per the rules only.
- Late fine is charged for Late Return of the books.
- A Nominal fine of Rs. 1/- per day is charged for late returns.
- If the book is lost or badly damaged, the latest cost along with 50 Rs. additional penalty of the book is recovered from the user.
- Reference books, current journals are not allowed to outside the reference section.
- Eating, drinking (except water), sleeping and talking loudly are not allowed.
- Computers are for educational use and the use of the Internet in the library is only for reference work. Accessing unauthorized sites, playing games, chatting etc. are strictly banned.
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Qualifications||Email Address|
|01||Mrs. Vidya U. Umrey||Librarian||B.A, M.A.(Ling.), M.Lib.I.Sc., M.Philfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|02||Jaimala D. Raut||Library Assistant||B.A, M.Lib.I.Sc||Jaimalar45@gmail.com|
|03||Atul Bore||Library Attendant||S.S.C, C.Lib.||Atulbore08@gmail.com|