Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Year of establishment-2011 (First shift)
- Year of establishment-2012 (Second shift)
- Intake capacity – 60 per shift
- Approval from
- AICTE Approval No. – No.F.22-2760/2008(DIP ENGG) dt. 29-06-2009
- DTE Approval No. – No.10/AICTE/DIPLOMA/APPROVAL/2009/472 dt.26-08-2009
- Maharashtra Government Approval No. – No.Approval-2009/(304/09)TE-5 dt. 30-06-2009
- Affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai. (MSBTE) – MSBTE/D-53/AC/0015 dt. 21-07-2015
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Department of Electrical Engineering is committed “to produce competent Engineer/ Entrepreneur and best Citizen by acquiring knowledge, skills and attitudes in the field of Electrical engineering” The increasing demand of Electrical power requires Electrical engineers who are most capable of handling installation, maintenance, operation of power equipments and systems. Electrical Industries that manufacture electrical machines and equipments also need engineers for design, production and testing. The major thrust in the field of Electrical Engineering Curriculum is principles and detailed analysis of different types of equipments and systems for generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of Electrical Energy. The Electrical Engineers need to study electronic devices and circuits involved in measurement, instrumentation, control and protection of electrical equipments and conversion systems. Concepts of computer and recent applications of computer based systems in design assist the engineers to analyze Power system and Switch gear. To meet the above requirement the curriculum of Electrical Engineering has effectively augmented with many advanced subjects. To study these subjects, the Electrical Department has state- of- the -art laboratories like Electrical Machines, Electrical Circuits & Measurements , Power Systems, Power electronics & Instrumentation..
STRENGTHS OF DEPARTMENT
- Excellent and Experienced Teaching Faculty.
- Excellent Academic result
- Well equipped laboratories
- Student participation in Extra Curricular activities.
- 100% Placement.
- Regular Industrial Visit.
- Campus interviews.
- Regular classes facility for Failure Students.
- Seminar of Experts from renowned industry.
- Developing design skill by conducting vocational Training Programme for AutoCAD, Pro-e and Refrigerator repairing and maintenance workshop.
- Developing practical skill by industrial Training programme, workshops and industrial Visits.
As Electrical is becoming more complex and advanced day by day, the dept. has taken steps to increase importance to recognize the advanced technology that have gained importance in recent times. To create technical manpower in the field of Electrical Engineering for meeting the current and future industry needs and to recognize education and research in close interaction with industry with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in the young students with sensitivity to social development.
CAREER PROSPECTUS IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
It places strong emphasis on fundamentals to introduce the students to complex real life problems, arising out of recent advancement and technological innovations in diverse areas. .Student after passing out may join Public sector, Defence, Private sector like MAHAGENCO, DISCOM, BHEL, ONGC, POWERGRID, NTPC,NHPC, Mahindra, HITACHI, TAL Manufacturing, CEAT Tyres, Kinetic Gears, BOSCH, L&T, Maruti Udyog, ESSAR etc. The students also have enough scope to start their own enterprise in providing service & manufacturing facilities as well.
Prof. Sachin M. Ladekar (H.O.D.)
I take the privilege to welcome you all to the Department of Electrical Engineering at NIT POLYTECHNIC, NAGPUR.
Electrical Department of NIT POLYTECHNIC has been transforming generation of budding aspirants into accomplished engineers creating a generation of transformational engineers, technocrats, leaders for business and society in a unique academic setting, which fosters professional excellence and nurtures core values for fulfilling life.
As you embark on a difficult journey and march determinedly towards a golden dawn. We at NIT POLYTECHNIC remain through the journey with you, guide you step by step, moment by moment and witness your metamorphosis from a brilliant yet raw youth into a highly polished professional.
Who has an iron will to conquer and whose aspiration is accompanied by determination, commitment and sincerity to the three “mantras” of success.
As H.O.D. I wish to take the opportunity to assure you that I will try my best to maximize students participation in the department and will keep the admin transparent.