Civil Engineering (CE)
- Year of Establishment:- 2009
- Intake capacity – 60 per year
- Approval from
- AICTE Approval No. – No.F.22-2760/2008(DIP ENGG) dt. 29-06-2009
- DTE Approval No. – 10/AICTE/DIPLOMA/APPROVAL/2009/472 dt.26-08-2009
- Maharashtra Government Approval No. – No.Approval-2009/(304/09)TE-5 30-06-2009
- Affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai. (MSBTE) – MSBTE/D-53/AC/0015 dt. 21-07-2015
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Civil engineering primarily covers activities of engineering discipline from planning, designing and construction of buildings to develop of water supplying structures. Civil engineering industry also encompasses areas like soil and rock mechanics, surveying, material science and environmental science
Besides designing, planning or construction of buildings, some other major application fields of civil engineering industry are management of residential and commercial buildings, transportation system, fields regarding water supplying activities, and environmental fields, which is basically studied for the maintenance and enhancement of quality of life. Civil engineering specifically deals with the activities of designing and construction of structures like bridges, dams, harbors, canals, roads, tunnels, and water-supply systems, power plants, aircraft, water-treatment plants etc.
STRENGTHS OF DEPARTMENT
- 1) Excellent and Experienced Teaching Faculty.
- 2) Excellent Academic Result
- 3) Well equipped laboratories
- 4) Students active participation in Extra Curricular activities
- 5) Personality development as well as Spoken English Classes
- 6) Regular Industrial Visit
- 7) Campus Interviews
- 8) Regular classes facility for Failure Students
- 9) Seminar from Experts from renowned industry
- 10) Developing design skill by conducting vocational Training Program for AutoCAD, PEB Building Design Training.
- 11) Developing Practical skill by Industrial Training program, Workshops and Industrial Visits.
CAREER PROSPECTUS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Diploma in Civil engineering can find jobs in Government sectors, Privet and Public sectors Industries, Research and Teaching institution etc. Job opportunities for civil engineers are expected to increase as fast as the average for all job, although the construction in industries is vulnerable to fluctuations in the economy. Civil engineers will always be needed to maintain and repair extreme facilities and structures and construct new one. After doing B.Tech one can look for jobs in road projects, building works, consultancy firms, quality testing Laboratory or housing society. The experts say there is high demand for experienced civil engineers in developed countries.
Student after passing out may join industries such as Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Ambuja cement,Manikgarh cement company etc. The students can also start their own business by registering in P.W.D., N.M.C.,N.I.T.as a contractor and building planner.
Students can work as junior engineer at P.W.D., N.I.T., N.M.C. and other government civil engineering department
Prof. Pournima Dongre
M.Tech , BE (CIVIL)
I take the privilege to welcome you all to the Department of Civil Engineering at NIT Polytechnic Nagpur.
Welcome to Civil Department of NIT Polytechnic that transforming generation of budding aspirants into accomplished and transformational engineers, technocrats, leaders for business and society in a unique academic setting, which fosters professional excellence and nurtures core values for fulfilling life.
As you embark on a difficult journey and march determinedly towards a golden dawn. We at NIT Polytechnic remain through the journey with you, guide you step by step, moment by moment up to a highly polished professional.